Job Title: Helpdesk Technician
Total Estimated Assignment Hours: 12+ months
City: New York City
Overview: Layer 7 Data Solutions is a full life-cycle technology services company. We help businesses resolve technical issues from layers 1 through 7. Layer 7 Data Solutions has been making advanced technology simple and cost effective for the SMB and Enterprise market for over a decade. Layer 7 Data Solutions has a great opportunity with one of our clients in New York. We are currently hiring Helpdesk Technician to join our Team in NYC.
- Initial contact point for technical assistance, email or ticketing system;
- Performs remote troubleshooting using diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions;
- Assist with onboarding of new users;
- Installs, modifies, and repairs computer hardware and software;
- Installs, tests and configures new workstations, peripheral equipment and software;
- Resolves basic technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other network systems;
- Determines and implements best solution;
- Tests solution to ensure issue is resolved;
- Escalates unresolved issues;
- Records events/problems/resolution in department log;
- Follows-up/update ticket status;
- Shares user experience feedback/suggestions;
- Identifies and suggests possible improvements;
- Documents internal procedures;
- Assists with infrastructure expansion and disaster recovery;
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Two years of help desk or technical customer support experience.
- IT system maintenance (server, desktop, cloud, communications);
- Working knowledge of office automation products, Windows AD, Windows Server, DHCP, IP/TCP, Hardware and networks;
- Strong analytical skills with ability to define and identify solutions;
- Can function at a high-level with little operational oversight;
- Exemplary interpersonal skills; able to effectively communicate (both verbal and written) with diverse backgrounds and different levels in the organization;
- Microsoft Office Suite; and
- Able to present data in various formats to a variety of audiences.
- Must be authorized to work in United States. No sponsorship and no third parties. Must be local candidate.