Job Title: Sr. Data-stage ETL Developer
Total Estimated Assignment Hours: 3 years
City: New York City, NY
Overview: Layer 7 Data Solutions is a full life-cycle technology services company. We help businesses resolve technical issues from layers 1 through 7. Layer 7 Data Solutions has been making advanced technology simple and cost effective for the SMB and Enterprise market for over a decade. Layer 7 Data Solutions has a great opportunity with one of our clients in New York. The client provides statewide IT strategic direction, directs IT policy and delivers centralized IT products and services that support the mission of the State. Client transforms IT services in an effort to make New York State government work smarter for its citizens and enable the state to be accessible for businesses through the use of technology.
- Analyze business requirements and design applications.
- Work with data SME’s to modify applications improving the existing business processes.
- Actively participate in optimization and performance tuning of existing ETL and SQL processes.
- Transform technical specifications into ETL processes to load the data for cleansing prior to the migration.
- Provide business units with ad-hoc deep-dive analytical reports in support of business rules parsing effort.
- Collaborate with technical leads in identifying and addressing production issues and data quality gaps.
- Support processes that proactively detect, correct, and prevent invalid data values.
- Minimum of five (5) years of recent experience developing applications using IBM DataStage ETL.
- Deep knowledge of DataStage Engine administration.
- Extensive experience with IBM DataStage Designer and Director.
- Experience migrating mainframe VSAM data to relational and/or multidimensional SQL databases.
- Experience with Legacy and Unstructured data.
- Experience working in multiple development environments/systems: IBM Mainframe, Windows Server, UNIX and SQL Server.
- Strong SQL knowledge working with complex queries and stored procedures.
- Proficiency in mainframe applications encompassing JCL, COBOL, VSAM and DB2.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation, writing, analytical, problem solving, and information gathering skills along with fundamental technique troubleshooting abilities.
- Strong analytical skills demonstrated by the ability to receive and analyze requirements and propose a suitable solution that adheres to the team’s methodology.
- Must be authorized to work in United States. No sponsorship and no third parties. Must be a local candidate.