Job Title: Network Engineer
City: New York City
Schedule: Every Other Weekend Role
Overview: Layer 7 Data Solutions is a full life-cycle technology services company. We help businesses resolve technical issues from layers 1 through 7. Layer 7 Data Solutions has been making advanced technology simple and cost effective for the SMB and Enterprise market for over a decade. Layer 7 Data Solutions has a great opportunity with one of our clients in New York. We are currently hiring Network Engineer to join our team in New York.
The engineer should be comfortable working on multiple routing, switching, and security platforms. This position will be highly dynamic and responsibilities range from all aspects of network design, implementation, operation and support. It is a great opportunity for a junior engineer to advance in their carrier and learn from a strong team of network architects and operators.
- A thorough understanding of the OSI network model, Ethernet, and TCP/IP networking
- Operational knowledge of BGP, OSPF, MPLS, EVPN/VLAN
- Knowledge of common network monitoring utilities
- Ability to work with a variety carrier to troubleshoot critical network backbone circuit issues
- An advanced level of experience implementing and administrating common TCP/IP-based services, including DNS, DHCP, HTTP, FTP, SSH, SMTP, etc.
- Strong expertise at network documentation, IPAM, Visio
- Understanding of automation frameworks such as Ansible and Puppet
- Familiarity with the VMWare suite of products
- Participation in weekly on-call rotation
- Ability to travel domestically as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience
- 4+ years in network operations or engineer role at a ISP or network services provider
- Industry certifications preferred but not required. CCNA, CCNP, JCNP, Network+
- Must be authorized to work in United States. No sponsorship and no third parties. Must be local candidate