Job Title: Sr. Java Developer
Total Estimated Assignment Hours: 3 years
City: New York, New York
Overview: Layer 7 Data Solutions is a full life-cycle technology services company. We help businesses resolve technical issues from layers 1 through 7. Layer 7 Data Solutions has been making advanced technology simple and cost effective for the SMB and Enterprise market for over a decade. Layer 7 Data Solutions has a great opportunity with one of our clients in New York. The client provides statewide IT strategic direction, directs IT policy and delivers centralized IT products and services that support the mission of the State. Client transforms IT services to make New York State government work smarter for its citizens and enable the state to be accessible for businesses through the use of technology. We are currently hiring Sr. Java Developer.
The developer will primarily be responsible for designing and developing Java applications in a WebSphere environment using IBM Rational Application Developer IDE.
- 12-15 years of experience in developing large JAVA/J2EE applications.
- Experience working on Java 6 - 10 using Java design patterns and working with MVC architecture, JMS and or IBM MQ.
- Experience working in Eclipse or Rational Application Developer (v8.0 or later) IDE environment.
- Experience configuring WebSphere Application Server 7.0.X, 8.0.x for JDBC, JNDI, JVM Heap, Web Application security and cache.
- Experience using JAX-WS, EJB 2.1 or higher, Spring MVC framework, Spring AOP, Spring JDBC, ORM and Hibernate 3.0 or higher.
- Experience in database design, stored procedures and SQL in MS SQL 2005-2008, NoSQL (DynamoDB, MongoDB, Cassandra, CouchDB).
- Able to multi-task and be pro-active in project planning, requirements gathering and setting priorities based on impact and risk to the business without supervision.
- Experience with JSON, AJAX, REST, HTML5, ReactJS, Dojo and OUATH.
- Experience in IBM iWidgets 1.2 or higher, IBM Business space.
- Experience in IBM HATS 8.0, IBM Rational Service Tester, JUNIT, continuous integration testing and unit testing tools.
- Experience in writing detailed application documentation.
- Must be authorized to work in United States. No sponsorship and no third parties. Must be local candidate.